Here a few tips and tricks to remain safe while staying at a hotel/resort…
1. Don’t loudly say your name when checking in and ask the attendant to write your room number down vs saying it out aloud
2. When entering the elevator, press multiple floors. Someone may be watching you and can tell what floor your room is on
3. Knock before entering your room. Once inside, immediately search it.
4. Leave the tv on and the DND hanger on the door when leaving the room. It gives the impression someone is still there.
5. Purchase inexpensive items such as a small door stopper and/or small electronic door alarm.
Have fun and stay safe!