Traveling out of the country? Here are just a few tips for a safe and enjoyable experience…
1. Check and double check your passport and make copies to keep. Also, send a copy of it to friends/family back home.
2. Contact your credit card company to notify of travel.
3. Enroll in the S. M. A. R. T. program and consider getting global entry.
4. Don’t bring too many valuables.
5. Contact your cell phone provider to check for international phone plans.
6. Learn and convert currency.
7. Learn how to get around BEFORE you arrive. Learning a few key words and phrases in the language of the country you are traveling to is a plus!